Integrated Production Suite for Music and Multimedia Creators
The Tascam Model 12 is a compact all-in-one integrated mixing and recording suite designed for music and multimedia creators, songwriters and performers. It consists of a 10-input mixer, a 12-track version of the highly acclaimed Tascam multi-track audio recorder, USB audio interface, MIDI connectivity, DAW control functions, and unique podcasting capability including mix-minus and smartphone input.
Combining the feel of an analogue user interface with the efficient workflow and pristine quality associated with digital recording and production, the compact and affordable Model 12 supports your creative process from start to finish.
12-Track Recording and 10-Track Playback
The Model 12’s intuitive internal 12-track recorder creates WAV files of up to 24-bit/48 kHz audio quality directly to an SD card. Up to ten tracks can be played back simultaneously. Supporting metronome, punch-in/out, and overdubbing functions, the internal recorder also allows WAV files to be imported from another Tascam Model Series mixer like the Model 12, Model 16 or Model 24. And, of course, it is possible to export tracks in WAV file format which can then be imported directly into a DAW for further editing or production.
12 In / 10 Out USB Audio Interface for DAW Connectivity
A USB connector facilitates connecting a computer to the Model 12 for playback and recording utilizing a wide range of popular DAWs. Sounds can be recorded in a DAW to create precise and original tracks, and then played back during live performances using Model 12 only. The USB audio interface can be used simultaneously with the built-in multi-track recorder. Model 12 also supports class compliant mode and can be connected to Apple iOS devices using an optional adapter.
DAW Control Integration
Basic control for an external DAW using HUI/MCU protocol emulation is integrated for tactile control of most major DAWs. Controllable parameters include Faders, Mutes, Pans, Solos, Record Arm, Play, Record, Stop, FF/Rew, Jog.
Click Output With Tap Tempo Feature
A dedicated click output with TAP TEMPO allows the tempo to be controlled and monitored in both live or recording environments. This allows live performers to play with tracks using the built-in multi-track engine or music creators to keep track of the tempo when recording. The click sound can also be assigned to each MAIN, SUB or AUX output, or, with individual volume setting, to headphones outputs 1 and 2.
Combine Your Setup With MIDI Equipment
Standard MIDI input and output make it possible to use keyboards, drum machines, controllers, and other sources that employ MIDI technology with the Model 12. This also allows playback-start commands to be triggered or external multi-track recorders and other external MIDI devices to be synchronized with the Model 12.
Podcast Your Latest Music and Live Performances to Your Fan Base
The Model 12 incorporates several features for podcasting and internet streaming like mix-minus, smartphone input, multiple mic-ready channels, Bluetooth pairing, dual headphone monitoring, and internal multi-track recording. Use the Model 12 as a versatile live production recorder, USB audio interface and live streaming tool.
All-in-One Audio Production From Recording to Mastering
The Model 12’s seamless integrated workflow facilitates less focus on the technical and more on the creative part. The built-in multi-track recorder allows one-button recording and playback. And the comfortable, familiar feel of the 60-mm faders, one-knob compressor, three-band EQ, and high-quality Tascam effects enable fast and intuitive tweaking of mixes and tones.
Pristine Audio Quality
Tascam Ultra-HDDA mic preamps with an Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) of –128 dB ensure low noise and natural, high-grade sound quality. Apart from microphones and line-level sources, all inputs can also be used for direct connection of guitars, basses, and other high-impedance (Hi-Z) sound sources.
Compact Size With Plenty of Inputs
The compact Model 12 packs eight XLR microphone inputs (with switchable +48V phantom power), ten TRS line inputs, a 3.5-mm TRRS input (for a smartphone) and a Bluetooth 5.0 input to handle any small-format recording or live production environment.
Dual Headphones Outputs for Creative Teamwork
The Model 12 offers two independant headphone busses with output jacks on the top panel to allow monitoring of two discrete mixes from AUX 1/2 and/or the main stereo bus simultaneously for performers and engineers alike.
Selectable PFL/AFL modes and solo-in-place (SIP) allow for flexible monitoring of individual channels, eliminating the need to mute each single channel when dialing in the perfect mix.
Model12 Key Features:
- 10-channel mixer with built-in 12-track recorder and USB audio interface
- Ten analogue inputs
- Eight mono mic inputs on XLR connectors with switchable phantom power (48 V)
- Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps on inputs 1–6
- Eight channels can be used with high-impedance instruments like electric guitars/basses
- Ten balanced line inputs (six mono, two stereo)
- Multi-purpose stereo channel for input from mobile devices via Bluetooth or stereo mini-jack connector (CH 9/10)
- Inserts on input channels 1 and 2
- Mix-minus function on smartphone mini-jack input
- Two Aux outputs (monitor, effects) and two stereo outputs with independent master faders (Main, Sub)
- Selectable PFL/AFL monitoring modes and solo in place (SIP)
- Dedicated click output with tap tempo feature
- MIDI input and output
- One-knob compressor for all input channels
- Three-band equalizer with sweepable mids for all input channels
- Switchable low-cut filter (100 Hz) on each channel
- Semi-parametric EQ with sweepable mid band for aux or main outputs
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver for wireless playback
- On-board effects processor
- 16 effects types
- Can be used on all input channels, aux busses, sub and main stereo bus
- Can be turned on/off by an optional footswitch (Tascam RC-1F)
- Compact 60-mm faders
- 12-segment LED output level meters
- XLR balanced outputs for main stereo bus
- TRS balanced outputs for sub and aux outputs
- Two headphones outputs with separate level controls
- Tascam multi-track recording engine
- Uses SD cards as recording media (up to 128 GB)
- Up to 12 tracks (10 input channels + stereo mix) can be recorded without the need for a computer
- Recording/playback format: Linear PCM (WAV format, 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 Bit)
- Overdubbing, punch in/out recording
- Multi-track playback for advanced live performance
- Illuminated Play/Record/Stop buttons for better legibility in poorly lit environments
Audio interface features
- USB audio interface for use with Windows (ASIO) and Mac (Core Audio) computers
- Transfer to computer: 12 channels (all 10 inputs + stereo mix)
- Transfer from computer: 10 channels, assignable to each channel input
- Audio resolution 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 bit
- USB MIDI interface function
- Simple DAW control support via HUI/MCU protocol emulation
- MIDI timecode (MTC) and MIDI clock output with song position pointer (SPP) support
- Simple and quick menu operation with multi-jog dial