An all-in-one analogue mixer, multi-track digital recorder and audio interface
The Tascam Model 16 all-in-one mixer brings the flagship Model 24's powerful recording and mixing features and functionality to a new level of compactness and affordability, creating a fully featured compact mixer that combines the warmth of analogue with a digital workflow. The Model 16 is the perfect mixing solution for small-format live performance, recording and production environments, featuring a multi-track recorder, USB audio interface, effects, comprehensive mixing and routing capabilities, and Bluetooth wireless.
With the Model 16, your perfect mix has met its match.
14 Inputs for Complete Flexibility
14 easy-to-access top-panel inputs provide flexible options for microphones, instruments or other audio sources. You can connect up to 10 mics, 14 line signals or two instruments for live recording or mixing. There is also a Bluetooth 5.0 enabled stereo input for a streaming audio device that also provides (selectable) RCA connectors and a stereo mini jack for direct connection of CD player or mobile playback device.
Pristine Audio Quality
Mic inputs 1 through 8 deliver pristine audio quality, featuring Tascam’s Ultra-HDDA (High Deﬁnition Discrete Architecture) technology for pure, transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise.
Professional Channel Strip Control Features
A tactile Gain knob tops each channel for precise tweaking of input levels. A push-button low-cut filter and three-position input selector (Live/PC/MTR) facilitate quick and easy control of input source signals. A 1-knob inline compressor is available on inputs 1–8 as is a 3-band EQ with sweepable mid range.
Maximum Audio Routing Possibilities and Monitoring
Three Aux busses (Monitor 1, Monitor 2 (pre/post) and Effects) and PFL (Pre Fader Listen) round out the Model 16’s pro-level signal path routing options. A Sub group provides an additional pair of stereo line outputs which can be used to drive an additional amplifier, for example.
The three Aux outs let you route audio signals for stage monitoring, or to external gear such as outboard effects, signal processors or headphone mixes. And an additional Control Room output with individual level fader can be used to drive a pair of powered studio monitors.
Powerful Internal 16-Track Digital Recorder
The Model 16’s multi-track section features a powerful internal 16-track digital recorder, capturing 14 input signals and the main stereo mix simultaneously to an internal SD card in pristine 48-kHz/24-bit quality. Record anything from live performance to rehearsals, worship events, spoken word and meetings. You can also perform overdubs and punch-in/out quickly and easily. And you can use an optional footswitch for hands-free operation of selected functions.
Recorded tracks can be immediately mixed, mastered or exported to a computer for further editing, formatting and publishing.
High-Quality Internal Audio Interface
An internal USB audio interface with 16 inputs and 14 outputs captures audio at a sampling rate of 48 kHz and with 24-bit resolution for recording or playing back from an external DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). The new-generation Tascam USB driver allows a minimum size of the audio buffer which can be set to as low as four samples. This results in extremely low latency and the highest level of efficiency when recording audio.
Versatile Input Capability
Using the channel Mode switch, each channel can select the input source as needed. This allows a super flexible input configuration to be selected where some inputs can be live, other inputs can play tracks from the internal multi-track recorder, while other inputs can play tracks from a computer via USB, all simultaneously.
16 Editable Multi-Effects
The Model 16’s versatile effects section offers 16 editable and foot-controllable multi-effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, flanger and others. Each effect allows one parameter to be changed using the menu. The selected effect can be mixed to the main stereo output using its dedicated fader and can also be applied to monitor busses 1 and 2.
4-Band Master EQ
A four-band equalizer with two (wide/narrow Q) sweepable mid-bands can be dialed in for crafting the perfect mix. You can assign this EQ to the main outs or monitor 1/2 outs as you like.
Model 16 Key Features:
- 14-channel analogue mixing console with built-in 16-channel multi-track recorder and USB audio interface
- 14 analogue inputs
- 10 Tascam Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps with switchable phantom power (48 V) on eight mono and two stereo channels
- 12 balanced line inputs (8 mono, 2 stereo)
- One multi-purpose stereo channel for input from mobile devices via Bluetooth or via RCA connectors or stereo mini-jack connector (CH 13/14)
- Inserts on input channels 1 and 2
- Channels 1 and 2 can be used with high-impedance instruments like electric guitars/basses
- Three Aux outputs (monitor 1 (pre fader), monitor 2 (pre/post fader), effects (post fader))
- Three stereo outputs with independent master faders (Main, Sub, Control Room)
- One-knob compressor for channels 1–8
- Switchable low-cut filter (100 Hz) for eight mono and two stereo channels
- Switchable Mute, Stereo/Sub routing and PFL on each input channel
- Three-band equalizer with sweepable mids for eight mono channels, fixed mids on stereo channels
- Semi-parametric EQ with two sweepable mid bands (wide/narrow) for stereo and sub outputs
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver for wireless playback
- On-board effects processor
- 16 effects types
- Can be used on all input channels, monitor busses, sub and main stereo bus
- Can be turned on/off by an optional footswitch (Tascam RC-1F)
- 60-mm faders on each channel
- 12-segment LED output level meters
- XLR balanced outputs for main stereo bus
- TRS balanced outputs for sub, control room, monitor 1/2 and effects send
- Headphones output with level control (80 mW per channel)
- Tascam multi-track recording engine
- Uses SD cards as recording media (up to 128 GB, Class 10 or higher required)
- Up to 16 tracks (14 input channels + stereo mix) can be recorded without the need for a computer
- Recording format: WAV (BWF), 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 Bit
- Playback format: WAV (BWF)
- Overdubbing, punch in/out recording (eight channels maximum)
- Multi-track playback for advanced live performance
- Illuminated Play/Record/Stop buttons for better legibility in poorly lit environments
Audio interface features
- USB 2.0 audio interface for use with Windows (ASIO) and Mac (Core Audio) computers
- Transfer to computer: 16 channels (all 14 inputs + stereo mix)
- Transfer from computer: 14 channels, assignable to each channel input
- Audio resolution 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 bit
- Simple and quick menu operation with multi-jog dial
- 19-inch rack installation possible (with optional rackmount kit)
- Internal power supply with removable power cord