All references below to "A and C Audio Visual" or "the Company" or "ACAV", should be taken to mean the limited company of A and C Audio Visual Ltd, a company registered in Scotland number 259661, with UK VAT registration number 556 4602 35.
This returns policy should be read in conjuction with our standard Terms and Conditions which are detailed on this site.
ALL Returns must be accompanied by an official RMA number ("RMA"), issued by ACAV. Returns received without an RMA will be returned to sender upon receipt.
2. Faulty Goods
- Claims for damaged and faulty goods should be notified to us, in writing, within 3 working days.
- Returns that have not been authorised by ACAV will not be accepted. It is therefore imperative that we receive notice in writing as per condition 2.1 above. Returned goods received which have not been authorised will be returned to the customer and no liability whatsoever will exist on the part of ACAV for any damage in transit.
- For faulty goods, replacements can be sent or alternatively we can arrange for a refund to be made.
- Where goods are returned which are found not to be faulty, the goods shall be returned to the customer and a handling charge of £25 charged to the customer.
- Where the goods become faulty outwith the above period, and the goods are still under the manufacturer's warranty, the goods should be repaired under the terms of the manufacturer's warranty.
- All goods being returned under warranty must be returned in the original packaging, otherwise we cannot be held responsible for any damage in transit.
- All our goods are supplied with a return to base warranty as standard, it is therefore the customer's responsibility to return the goods should inspection be needed under warranty.
3. Distance Selling Regulations
- Under the The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (SI 2334/2000) ("the Distance Selling Regulations") private consumers are allowed a right to cancel their order. This does not apply to business customers, and applies only to private consumers within the United Kingdom.
- Goods that have been custom made, or customised in any way are not included within the scope of the Distance Selling Regulations. These goods cannot be returned unless faulty.
- If you decide to cancel an order, written notice must be given to us within seven (7) working days from the day after that on which you took receipt of the goods.
- Goods to be returned under the above regulations are required to meet the following requirements:
- The item has been unused and is in the same condition as when it was sold. i.e. it is "as new". Thus if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging in any way whatsoever.
- The customer has to pay the return delivery charges.
- The customer must ensure appropriate and adequate insurance cover is in place for the item in transit.
- The goods have not been made to your own specification, or personalised in any way.
- Goods are returned in a re-saleable condition and in their original packaging, as well as being adequately packed for shipping. This includes, but is not limited to, writing of addresses or sticking of labels on the packaging of goods.
- All supplied manuals and accessories must also be returned, unopened.
- Goods are returned as soon as possible, to ensure that we can refund your money within 30 days of receiving your cancellation notice.
- We shall only refund the cost of goods upon receipt of the goods at our depot for inspection.
- The product packaging must be protected against further wear or tear that may be caused in return transit. The Company reserves the right to charge for re-packaging of the product or any other costs incurred in returning the product to its original condition when despatched to the Buyer.
- If the above conditions are not met, goods will not be accepted by us on return. The goods shall be returned to you and we shall also charge your credit card for the value of the return carriage.
- If ACAV nevertheless agrees to accept any Goods returned that are not in a saleable condition, ACAV reserves the right to charge the cost to the customer of bringing the products into a saleable condition.